If you’re considering applying for graduate study at SUNY Plattsburgh, we are here to help! Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Some fast facts about SUNY Plattsburgh:
- Undergraduate Enrollment: 5,377
- Graduate Enrollment: 341
- International Enrollment: 339
- Countries Represented: 65
- Average Class Size: 22
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
Percentage of tenure-track faculty holding the highest degree: 97%
- We offer 17 different graduate programs and are adding more options each year!
Consider heading over to our website, http://plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/ if you haven’t already.
Here are a few useful links:
- Programs of Study
- Graduate Admissions Requirements
- How to Apply
- Financial Aid for Graduate Study
- Dates and Deadlines
- Online Information Request Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there financial aid for graduate students at SUNY Plattsburgh?
- Yes! There are several options available for funding your graduate education, the two most popular being Graduate Assistantships, and the Graduate Diversity Fellowship that prospective full-time, first-year students can apply for. Graduate students can submit a FAFSA form to be considered for grants and loans as well. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid webpage.
Is there an alternative to taking the GRE?
- In some cases, yes. The Miller Analogies Test (MAT), is accepted by some, but not all of our programs. The MAT is offered through the Graduate Admissions Office here on the SUNY Plattsburgh campus on pre-determined dates. Please call our office at 518-564-4723, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are there opportunities for employment on campus?
- There sure are! The Career Development Center can assist students in locating part-time and summer work both on campus and in the community. Some examples of on-campus work includes positions in: Student Temporary Service, Research Foundation, College Auxiliary Services, as well as some campus offices. In most cases, you do not need to demonstrate financial need to apply for an on-campus position, but you do need to be a currently enrolled student. Consider calling (518) 564-2071 for more information.
I have a specific question or need a resource that’s not listed here.
- We’ve got you covered. The Graduate Admissions Office staff will do our best to help you during your SUNY Plattsburgh application process, as well as answer your questions as a prospective student. Head over to our Request for Information Page to submit an inquiry form or contact us!