At SUNY Plattsburgh, we work to minimize your time to degree and maximize your return on investment with one end goal in mind — graduation. We take the guesswork out of transferring by helping you assess course and credit transferability while identifying transfer pathways best suited to your personal goals.
Credits from Colleges & Universities
SUNY Plattsburgh awards up to 67 transfer credits from two-year colleges. Students transferring from four-year colleges may transfer up to 84 semester hours provided that at least 17 of those hours were earned at four-year colleges. To receive credit, the admissions office must receive an official college transcript that lists completed courses and final grades. The following outlines other important considerations for awarding credit:
- Credit transferring from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Credit transferring from non-regionally accredited institutions of higher education will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and students will be expected to provide course descriptions and/or syllabi to assist in evaluating the coursework.
- Courses are liberal arts or are applicable to non-liberal arts programs.
- Courses are meeting the minimum grade required for transfer. Certain majors require a ‘C’ or higher in relevant coursework.
- Courses intended to fulfill general education or major requirements must meet placing transfer credit guidelines.