At SUNY Plattsburgh, you will learn from faculty who are leaders in their field — educators who take the time to personally mentor you and truly care about your success.
We know what a big decision choosing a college is and we are here to help you make the most of your investment.
First-Year Admissions Requirements
First-year applicants will be reviewed holistically on the basis of academics, extracurricular involvement and contextual information.
- Strength of High School Program – We are looking for a solid, college-preparatory background. In New York state high schools, that means Regents or Common Core coursework.
- Strong Grades – Successful applicants have an academic average of “B” or better. Students with good courses, but “C+” grades may be considered as “borderline,” and therefore will need to have significant supporting factors in their profiles.
- Standardized Test Score – SUNY Plattsburgh is now test optional. Submitting standardized test scores for admissions review is now optional if you plan to enroll in the Spring 2021, Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semester. You can designate your choice on the admissions application.
- Letter of Recommendation – All first-year applicants should submit a recommendation from a school counselor and/or teacher.
- Essay – Essays are an applicant's opportunity to communicate to admissions in their own voice. Strive to be original, honest and creative - tell a personal story!
- Supplemental Information – Applicants using the SUNY Application should also plan to submit the SUNY Supplemental Application. If applying with the Common Application, applicants will submit supplemental information on the Common Application itself.
Applying to the EOP program?