SUNY Plattsburgh is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Reaccreditation was awarded for ten years in June 2012 and the next site visit will occur in spring 2022. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The institution is authorized by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York and has been a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) since 2017. More information is available by contacting:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680
Learn about the Campus Re-Accreditation Process
Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York
Office of College and University Evaluation
New York State Education Department
5 North Mezzanine
Albany, NY 12234
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
3005 Center Green Drive, Suite 130
Boulder CO 80301
Programs with Additional Accreditation or Certification
Many academic programs at SUNY Plattsburgh hold subject-specific accreditation or certification, including:
- Business and economics programs by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), next review Spring 2022.
- Chemistry by the American Chemical Society (ACS), next review January 31, 2021.
- Counselor education by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP), next review Spring 2021.
- Nutrition by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), next review 2020–2021.
- Nursing by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), next review 2022–2023.
- School psychology by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), reviewed Spring 2020, pending decision.
- Social work by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), next review 2020–2021.
- Speech-language pathology by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), reviewed Fall 2020, pending decision.
- Teacher education undergraduate and graduate programs in childhood education, adolescence education, literacy education, and special education by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC), through October 2021; Review by Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) April 2021.