Admission's Updates

We’re Hiring! Want an Inside Look at the Job?

We’re looking to hire a few full-time graduate students to join the Graduate Admissions team!  Here’s some info you may want to know before applying…

Job details:

What you can expect:

• The job will start this winter/spring, depending on your availability and preference
  • 10-15 hours a week
  • Compensation is $10/hour (both temp service and work-study positions available)

Duties include, but are not limited to: 

• Answering office phones
  • Working with prospective and current graduate students (answering questions, passing on program information, etc.)
  • Contributing to social media/blog efforts (optional!)
  • Helping to process applications
  • Assisting in small marketing projects
  • Collaborating to plan grad events (attendance as well, if schedule allows)

If you have any special skills, please let us know!  We may be able to integrate that into your work here in the office.  We also have opportunities to practice with different internet programs such as Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey, WordPress, Mach forms, and Adobe Acrobat–each a solid addition to your growing résumé!

Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you may have about the position. We want you to know what you’re applying for, just shoot us an email at…

graduate@plattsburgh.edu.

2fc95de32ac44a131af4983758a3093d.jpg

Apply Today!

Send us an email including…

• A copy of your current résumé. 

• cover letter telling us why you want to work in Graduate Admissions and any skills you can bring to the office. 

• Any questions you may have about the position. 

Want an inside preview of working for Graduate Admissions? Check out what past and current staff have to say about the job!

Skylar Hunyadi |Graduate Assistant |Summer 201722528662_874771202677825_895208050183540717_o

I love working with the Graduate Admissions office!  Why? Because I’m comfortable being myself here.  My co-workers and the Graduate Admissions Director, Betsy Kane, care about how I’m doing: they recognize that I’m a student and a person.  Also, we have fun here! I’ve already played with LEGOS, traveled to several school fairs, and planned a mini-webinar series. Also I expressed a love for writing from the beginning, so I was assigned responsibility to the Grad blog.  The people who make up Graduate Admissions want you to feel like you belong here, and I definitely do.

Molly Martindale |Work Study|Summer 2016

IMG_6241I’ve worked for Graduate Admissions since the summer before my first semester of grad school!  It’s bittersweet to have to leave this spring for student teaching.  Though I’m excited for this next step in my career, I’m heartbroken to leave the office I’ve called home for the last year and a half!

Anyone who knows me can probably tell you that I think the Graduate Admissions office is a fabulous place.  Not only do I get to do fun things (like being paid to enjoy a grad student event or use creativity to advertise our programs), but the people here are amazing.  Betsy Kane and Audra Buchanan are the most understanding and flexible co-workers, who understand that I’m a student first and foremost.  There isn’t a shift at the Graduate Admissions office that goes by where I don’t laugh and enjoy myself.  You will also get the opportunity to meet and cultivate relationships with so many interesting prospective, current, and alumni graduate students.     

I wish I could stay, but since I can’t…you should apply today!!

Tammy Bergen | Temp Service |  Summer 2016

13654354_1042822805801236_8393623579847176696_nIt’s been a pleasure to work in Grad Admissions as a Graduate Student.  The staff (Betsy, Audra, Sky, Molly, and Sam) are wonderful to work with, and Betsy has been more than accommodating with my school schedule.  To walk into the office and feel appreciated is what I like the most about working in Graduate Admissions.  I have learned so much about the Graduate programs offered at Plattsburgh State and enjoy helping with the grad events.  It has also been a rewarding experience to help other students along in their graduate school journey.

Don’t hesitate to apply if you are looking for some extra money and to pursue your degree at the same time.  It’s a great place to work!!!

Ruby Lainez | Work Study | Spring 2017

rubyyWorking in Graduate Admissions was lots of fun. Everyone in the office was kind and helpful with everything, even things outside of school.  Graduate Admissions understood that school came first and they worked with my schedule to get my work hours in.  The best part of working in the office was meeting current Graduate students from other programs and attending the events that were hosted by the office.  I was also able to meet many prospective students, learn about other programs, and talk to prospective students about how SUNY Plattsburgh has become my home away from home.

Sam Loreman | Temp Service | Fall 2017

image1

It wasn’t too hard to think of why I love working at graduate admissions. It’s because of the great people I have been able to work with! The job helps me stay connected with other graduate students during our events and when people come into the office.  I love hearing about their passions and desires that they are using to accomplish their goals and work toward their future careers!

👏👏👏We are excited to receive your applications! 👏👏👏

applications.jpg

Contact Information

Graduate Admissions Office—113 Kehoe
SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901-2681 USA
Phone: (518) 564-4723
Toll-Free: (800) 723-9515 (In U.S. and Canada)
FAX: (518) 564-4722
Email: graduate@plattsburgh.edu
Office Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm

Advertisements